- Download the RPM here: http://download.camfrog.com/serverlinux.phtml
- Install alien: sudo apt-get install alien
- Install libstdc++.so.6: apt-get install lib32stdc++6
- Change directory to the file you downloaded from CamFrog and type: alien camfrog_x.xx.rpm
- Now install the .deb package: dpkg -i camfrogserver_4.2-2_all.deb
- Now just configure according to the instructions in the manual: man camfrogserver.conf
- You may want to delete /etc/rc.d/init.d/camfrogserver since it won't work under Ubuntu.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Camfrog doesn't offer a Ubuntu version of their product, so here's a guide in getting it to work for Ubuntu 8.10.